Lately, I haven’t been reading too many classics. I feel like I have to be in the right headspace to enjoy them. It’s been some time since I’ve read these but I always think about them and someday I would like to reread them. Here are my top 5 favorite classic books.
1) 1984 by George Orwell. One of my all-time favorite books that I believe everyone should read because it’s very relevant even today.
2) Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery. I still have this whole series and it’s one of those books that I’ve loved since I was young.
3) To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Another book that is still relevant today. Another all-time favorite book.
4) The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain. Great well-written little adventure book, perfect for all ages.
5) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. This one gets up there with the hard to understand language but it’s still one of my favorite classics.
What are some of your all-time favorite classic books?
I started Paralegal classes last week so I have even more stuff to read now. As a result, I haven’t finished reading Eat, Pray, Love yet but I’m sure I will by next week. So I have decided to do something different and list my top favorite book tropes.
1) Enemies to Friends to Lovers. I love that slow burn love where the couple starts out hating each other but by the end of the book, they can’t imagine being apart.
2) The Antihero. I love reading about morally grey characters and their redemption story, even unlikeable villainous characters about whom you find out the reason behind their villainy and understand where they are coming from.
3) Utopia is actually a dystopia. At the beginning of the story, it might seem great, this utopic world but you soon come to find out at what cost like in The Giver.
4) Unrequited love/forbidden love. We all have crushes and it’s something we can relate to when we read about them in books as well as forbidden love. Two people that stand against all odds.
5) Road Trip/Adventure. Especially with enemies who fall in love or a group of antihero’s who are all friends.
What are some of your favorite tropes that you love to read about in books?
Post image from FreePik.com